Health and Safety Protocols
Jamaica Tours Limited takes the health and safety of our employees and guests very seriously. Hence, we have implemented enhanced vehicle cleaning practices, workplace protocols and constant communication about hygiene to meet the new health and safety challenges and expectations presented by COVID-19.
AIRPORT CHECK IN AND DESK
- Mbj Airports Limited’s new policy permits only one (1) CS Agent assigned per station at any one time.
- Acrylic protective dividers will be placed at all four (4) check-in stations.
- Floor markers will be installed 6ft apart at each check-in station, in keeping with social distancing guidelines.
- All CS Desk Agents are required to wear face masks while on duty.
- Check-in stations will be sanitized with EPA approved disinfectant every two hours as per the Ministry of Health & Wellness, Jamaica.
- A hand-sanitization station will be positioned behind the desk for employees only. Nonetheless, hand washing with soap and water is encouraged.
DRIVER, BAGGAGE AND VEHICLES
- Drivers will undergo frequent temperature checks with infrared thermometer.
- Vehicles will be cleaned and sanitized twice daily using an Electrostatic Mist System.
- Drivers will be equipped with sanitization kits and are required to wipe down frequently touched surfaces after every transfer.
- Drivers are required to wear masks at all times and a clean pair of disposable gloves when handling all guest baggage.
- A maximum number of guests per vehicle will be established and MUST be adhered to.
- Guests MUST sanitize hands when boarding our vehicles. A hand-sanitization station will be installed at the front of every bus. Drivers will provide sanitizer for cars/SUVs.
RESORT REPS / HOTEL INTERACTION
- Resort Reps will be equipped with face masks and face shields.
- Only one representative will be assigned per desk.
- Resort reps will be provided with sanitization kits to clean their hands, POS machine, tour book, pen and station after each guest/s contact. Hand washing with soap and water is still encouraged.
- Determine a maximum number of guests per tour.
- Tour guide to assign bus seats based on vehicle capacity and number of guests booked.
- Ensure that guests are only taken to facilities which adhere to the established health protocols.
- Vehicle will be equipped with hand-sanitization station where guests and staff MUST sanitize hands when boarding vehicle.
- Tour guide and driver will have on-hand paper towel or napkin for guests.
- Driver will always be required to wear face mask and Tour Guide to wear a face shield.